Uncontestably, NP Sierra Leone Limited is currently one of the most reliable sources of inspiration for intending entrepreneurs or investors aspiring to establish business entities that they wish to see grow exponentially and become a towering entity.
There are many valuable lessons that could be derived from the Company in order to realize a very successfully independent business entity. To start with, the success story of the NP (SL) Ltd could inspire new entrepreneurs and definitely serve as a roadmap to navigate the business landscape in order to actualize business dreams into tangible realities independently.
The Company was founded way back in 1977 when British Petroleum acquired the shares of AGIP and operated until June 1984 and the then Government of Sierra Leone acquired 60% shares from British Petroleum Sierra Leone Limited. Towards the end of 1984, British Petroleum Sierra Leone Ltd. divested its remaining 40% equity to the Precious Mineral and Mining Company. In 1996, the company was privatized in which Government sold 55% of its 60% equity to Leone Oil with the remaining 5% to its staff. In February 2011, in efforts to rejuvenate and reinvigorate the Company, Sierra Leone National Company was rebranded and therefore changed its name to NP (SL) Limited. Ever since, the Company has been a privately owned indigenous business entity; no government, past or present has hands or influence over its operations.
NP (SL) Ltd ensures that lucrative business initiatives are well implemented to the letter leading to the realization of fruitful outputs. With up to 133 regional dealer distribution outlets, the Company operates on a firm drive anchored on result oriented initiatives intended to achieve positive business outcomes.
Also, with the devoted objective of providing optimum satisfaction, the Company’s belief is centered on excellent service delivery geared towards accomplishing customer satisfaction through customer care, and from all indications, NP (SL) Ltd has incredibly excelled in this drive. Management teams have exhibited this so well to an extent that the Company has succeeded in broadening its customer base. As far as NP (SL) Ltd is concerned, the interest of customers is absolutely paramount.
In due regard, Management and Stakeholders have made prudent efforts like, introducing Ultra-modern calibrated pumping machines capable of dispensing the right quantity of fuel that a buyer requests while displaying the price, also the NP Smart Card which allows cashless fuel purchase with ease avoiding the hassle of having to rush to the bank to withdraw money for fuel purchase purposes, and then the NP Gas which comes in different cylinder sizes with comfort, environmentally friendly and in very affordable prices.
Encompassed with all these attractive offers and more and championed solely by exclusively 100% Sierra Leoneans, NP (SL) Ltd has secured its enviable position in the Oil industry in Sierra Leone and also in the sub-region by not only ensuring endless supply of petroleum products, but also providing valuable lessons that are worth emulating by aspiring entrepreneurs and potential investors.