21.7 C
Sierra Leone
Thursday, December 2, 2021
spot_img

‘Radisson Blu Mammy Yoko Hotel will be gateway to attract more investors’

- says President Koroma

By Hassan G. Koroma

While formally opening the newly rehabilitated Radisson Blu Mammy Yoko hotel – the first five-star hotel in the country – President Ernest Bai Koroma on Tuesday 15 April stated that the edifice will serve as gateway in attracting more investors into the country, as well as benefit thousands of Sierra Leoneans.

The president commended the National Social Security and Insurance Trust (NASSIT) for embarking on such massive investment with a potential to market the nation to foreign investors.

He noted that the transformation of Mammy Yoko to a five-star hotel was in line with his government’s ‘Agenda for Prosperity’, adding: “It is good that the country now has a five star hotel that can accommodate very important people, including high-class businessmen. We are indeed making progress in terms of development.”

Also making a statement, NASSIT Head of Public Affairs, Osman Koroma, pointed out that the social security trust exist in order that it can contribute immensely to the development of the country.

“We rehabilitated the hotel in partnership with West Africa Holdings Cooperative. Let me make it public that NASSIT has 84% share, with the West Africa Holdings Cooperative taking the remaining 16%,” he explained and revealed that the hotel will be managed by Radisson Blu because of the expertise they have garnered in running a five star hotel.

On his part, General Manager of Radisson Blu Mammy Yoko Hotel, Nuno Neves, stated that Radisson Blu is an international brand in hotel management.

“We currently operate in more than four hundred cities in the world and we provide standard facilities for all our customers. The hotel is ready for business and will be managed just like any other international hotel because we have trained and qualified staff to attend to customers,” he said.

He said the hotel has a total of one hundred and seventy-two rooms (172), with one presidential and VIP suits.

Related Articles

Latest Articles