21.1 C
Sierra Leone
Sunday, December 5, 2021

PW1 testifies in Tengbeh town murder trial

May 22, 2017 By Memunatu Bangura

First Prosecution Witness (PW1), Sheka Kargbo, has on Thursday testified before Magistrate Dr. Abou BakarBinneh-Kamara of court No.1, in the ongoing murder matter involving one Sinneh Sesay, Abu Bakar Sesay, Sherrif G Sesay, Ibrahim and Alhaji D Conteh, who allegedly murdered one Tom Davies Jr.

The accused were charged with two count charges of conspiracy and murder contrary to law and the prosecution had alleged that on Thursday, 30th March, 2017, at Upper Tengbeh town, they conspired together with others unknown to commit a felony to wit murder and on the same date murdered one Tom Davies Jr.

Sheka identified the accused persons as his neighbours and recalled on the day of the incident.

He testified that he was at home with the deceased when both saw off a friend who paid them visit.

He said on their way home, they saw the 1st, 2nd and 5th accused who told them that they (the accused) had finished misbehaving in their house.

He continued that they went home while the deceased left for night classes, but returned and informed him that his bag had been seized by the 1st, 2nd and 5th accused persons.

 He said they went to retrieve the said bag but saw the 2nd accused holding a bottle and a knife.

“They refused to give us the bag and promised to burn it. One Jeremiah was holding the bag, while Abu was holding a bottle and a knife,” he said.

PW1 stated that when the accused persons refused to hand over the bag, they attempted to leave the scene, when Jeremiah slapped him in the face and knocked him down on the ground.

He testified that the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th accused persons attacked the deceased and held on to him tightly from his back.

“It was the 2nd accused person (Abu) that stabbed him on his chest with a knife,” he said.

He further explained that the deceased shouted his name (Sheka) and ran in pain, with blood oozing from his chest.

He added that he followed the deceased, while the 1st, 3rd and 5th accused persons were chasing him.

 “I hid myself in a ‘Pan body’ house where I overheard them shouting Tom has died. After they left, I came from where I was hiding and saw Tom laying in a pool blood,” he testified.

He added that he reported the matter to the police while the deceased was taken to Connaught hospital, where he eventually died.

The accused persons were refused bail and sent to Male Correctional Centre, while the matter was adjourned to 26th May, 2017.


Related Articles

Latest Articles