October 9, 2015 By Victoria Saffa
Management of Bintumani Hotel has in a snap presser denied the alleged murder of Mohamed Alpha Jalloh, a meat seller, at the Chinese run hotel, following reports on social media that the later was murdered at the hotel by Chinese national, George Zhai.
The hotel’s management showed video evidence to journalists which they claim is what transpired on the day in question.
The video evidence from the Close Circuit Television (CCTV) operated by the hotel did not show any contact between staff and the deceased, who it is reported used to supply raw meat to the Chinese run hotel.
The hotel management told reporters that the deceased (Mohamed Alpha Jalloh), formerly of 52 Fourah Bay Road, was at the hotel in the evening of Monday, 5 October, but left after receiving payment by cheque from Purchasing Manager, George Zhai, only to be reported dead fifteen minutes later.
The evidence has been handed over to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), which is investigating a case of alleged murder, pending a full postmortem report.
Deputy Manger at the Bintumani Hotel, Ms. Dunstana Thompson, expressed sympathy with the family of the deceased, and urged for claim as they wait for a comprehensive report on the true cause of death before making a conclusion.
Human Resources Manager at the hotel, Michael Yeng, said any of their staff could not have murdered the deceased as he was their friend and had been supplying meat to the hotel for over ten years now.
Yeng told reporters they were informed about the death on the following morning (Tuesday) and were very shocked about the news.