As Hannah Bockarie murder trial re-commence…


Prosecution witness implicates 1st accused

October 10, 2017 By Hassan Gbassay Koroma

First prosecution witness in the ongoing Hannah Bockarie’s murder trial at the High Court yesterday told the court that she overheard the deceased at the bar of the first accused shouting that they would kill her.

The accused persons; Mohamed Lamin Kamara and Paul Corn are before the court, presided over by Justice John Bosco Allieu, on two count charges of conspiracy and murder contrary to the laws of Sierra Leone.

The state prosecution led by K. Conteh Esq., alleged that the accused persons on 14th August, 2015 at Aberdeen Beach, conspired together with unknown individuals to murder the decease (Hannah Bockarie).

In her testimony, the witness identified herself as a hairdresser and best friend of the deceased and also recognized the first accused.

“I was with the deceased at Aberdeen beach until 5pm on the day of the incident. I later left to take shower at home and upon my return to the beach, I did not see the deceased at her previous location. But I was directed by a man as to her whereabouts,” she stated.

She continued that when she went to where she was directed, she couldn’t find the deceased but was told by another friend that the deceased had gone for a walk.

The witness told the court that at around 3am, she was walking towards Family Kingdom, together with one of her friends, when a van of police officers chased and tried to apprehend them, but she managed to escape and hid behind a tree near the bar belonging to the first accused.

“While in hiding, I overheard the deceased shouting in the bar that they will kill her. I later informed my friend about what I heard but she didn’t treat it with seriousness. I stayed at the scene to confirm the incident but couldn’t raise alarm because nobody was at the beach to rescue her,” she explained.

He noted that he later saw the first accused coming outside of the bar wearing a black clothes and looking around to know if people were around.

According to her, the remains of the deceased were found at the beach the following morning, and that she went to the scene but could not say a word to the police for fear of being arrested.

She added that she was later arrested at the beach by the police and taken to the Aberdeen Police Station, where she told the police of knowing nothing about the

The matter continues.