22.8 C
Sierra Leone
Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Arabic teacher remanded for sexual penetration

July 28, 2017 By Memunatu Bangura

One Osman Bargo Sesay, an Arabic teacher attached to the Bombay Street Mosque, yesterday made his second appearance before Magistrate Albert Moody of Court No.1 on a multiple charge of sexual penetration contrary to Section 19 of Sexual Offences Act of 2012.

Police had alleged that the accused person on Saturday, 3rd December, 2016, at Bombay Street Mosque in Freetown, sexually penetrated two girls under eighteen years to wit six and seven years respectively.

In court yesterday, one of the victims recognised the accused as her Arabic teacher, explaining that on the day of the incident, she went to learn Arabic at the said mosque when the accused asked her and two other girls to climb upstairs where he could teach them.

She narrated that when they climbed upstairs, the accused asked the other girls to wait outside while he asked her to follow him inside the building and ordered her to undress and lay flat on the floor.

The girl stated that she did as ordered, while the accused person inserted his fingers into her vagina.

According to her, the act was painful as water and blood oozed from her private part, adding that after the accused had finished with her, he asked her to get up and threatened to kill her if she tells anyone what had happened.

She further explained that she went home and did as ordered by the accused person.

The girl said when she got home; her mother observed that she was walking strangely and asked her what the matter was, but that she was reluctant to tell her for fear of being killed by the accused.

“I was afraid to talk so my mother took cane and threatened to beat me up should I refuse to tell her what was wrong. So, I explained what Sheik Bargo did to me,” she said.

She narrated that her mother informed her father about the incident and later reported the matter to Eastern police Station where she was issued a medical request form which they took to Rainbow centre and was examined and treated.

The matter was adjourned to 3rd August for further hearing.

Related Articles

Latest Articles