February 22, 2018 By Yusufu S. Bangura
President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Africa Young Voice, Anthony Navo Jnr., has told pressmen that following the successful presidential debate on February 15, the Sierra Leone presidential debate committee would today host a ground-breaking youth and women’s debate at the British Council auditorium in Freetown.
He was speaking yesterday during a press conference at the Sierra Leone Association of Journalists (SLAJ) conference hall on Campbell Street in Freetown.
Navo Jr. said the debate involving youth and women from major political parties would be the first in Sierra Leone’s political history, adding that the event would be aired live on national TV and radio stations across the country and streamed live across the world on social media.
The AYV president said the debate would build on the successes of the presidential debate last week as well as meet international debating standards, thus creating an opportunity for Sierra Leoneans to establish themselves as regional democracy leaders.
Team Head, Standing Together for Democratic Consortium, Dr. Mamoud Idrissa Tarawally, said only six candidates who have gone through nomination and above 35 years would participate.