…affirms Chief Kanagbaro Sanka III
January 27, 2016 By Regina Pratt
Hon. Paramount Chief representing Tonkolili District in Parliament, Bai Kurr Kanagbaro Sanka III, has noted that they would never confirm a deceased person to be an Ebola victim, but was quick to say that they couldn’t challenge results of what he referred to as “so-called Ebola victim”.
He was speaking during parliamentary debates on President Ernest Bai Koroma’s address to the House during the state opening on 11 December last year.
“Up till now the people quarantined [in Tonkolili] are healthy and happy,” he said, adding that the four old women who washed the ‘so-called Ebola deceased’ were dancing, clapping and looking good after days of the victim’s death.
The Paramount Chief further noted that the six-year-old daughter of the deceased cries almost always that she wanted to go back to school but was told to wait, and that the two brothers of the deceased who were also quarantined, have promised to produce a song in memory of their late sister.
PC Sanka III also informed the House that a second lady who had been declared Ebola positive was admitted at the 34 Military Hospital for 14 days, while the grandmother, mother and grandchild were all safe and sound.
“The lady has been sick for more than 40 days, brought to Lunsar for 12 days before she was taken to Magburaka for treatment,” he said, adding that the deceased had died for over 19 days while those quarantined have spent 15 days in isolation.
He commended Dr. Minkailu Bah, Minister of Education, Science and Technology, whom he said was monitoring the situation of the 50 quarantined people, and insisted the deceased in question was not an Ebola victim.